A View of Saturday.....

You just never know what you will meet on the street in Niamey. I thought that in this week's blog I would show you some of the places that I visit every Saturday.
This is White Shack the closest grocery store to where I live. The owner does speak English, so that is very helpful. Although I didn't find that out until after I asked for 6 eggs and got 16.
Right next to White Shack, is the produce stand. This week's purchase included: cucumbers, tomatoes, bananas, carrots, onions, and apples. The pineapple is very good here too. Grapes are sold here, but can be rather expensive.
The main streets can be fairly busy on a Saturday morning. Just down this street, is the other grocery that I go to.....
Baaklini's. It's a bit bigger than White Shack and sometimes has a better selection. Last Saturday, I went up to the cheese counter and ordered a chunk of mozzarella in French and the man understood me! I left the store with a feeling of accomplishment.
Little shops like this one can be found throughout the city. In this one, you can buy a multitude of handmade items: clothing, bags, and water bottle holders. Most of the tailors in the these shops are men. So there you have it.....a little Saturday tour. Have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...