The Joy of Giving....

 There is such a blessing in giving to others. I knew that before coming to Niger, but giving to others here takes on a whole new meaning. Perhaps it's because the children have so little and yet are so thankful. Perhaps it's the huge smile on the parents face as they put their hands together and say "Merci beaucoup" while bowing to you.
I may struggle with the language and not be able to explain the gospel to the folks I meet, but there is one thing I can do. I can be the hand of Jesus delivering bread to a homeless family on a Sunday morning. I can be the feet of Jesus and deliver a toy and snack to a child who has never had a Hot Wheels car before. I can be the smile of Jesus to the folks I meet along the way, for that is understood in any language.
This is the package I received this week from the folks at Ketha Heights Baptist Church in Festus, Missouri. I can't wait to give it out!
How will you be the hand, feet and smile of Jesus today? For you see, there is such joy in giving....  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...