No Walmarts here.....

Shopping in Niger can be an all-day affair. There are no Superstores, Sobeys or Walmarts here, although there are a couple of large supermarkets. There is a place for produce and a store that has the best meat and cheese.....unless you want to buy it at the market.
To find almost all of your needs, you can go to the outdoor market.
Here you can buy all of the grains you need....
You can get underclothes at one vendor and pants and shirts at the one right next door,
My favourite store to go into is the fabric store....there is clothe of every colour here, floor to ceiling.
I purchased two pieces of fabric for about $8 to give to Felicity to make a couple of more wrap-around skirts for me.
Backpacks, purses, jewelry, and much more can all be found here at the market. There 's fresh lamb and beef too....if you don't mind the flies and the smell, perhaps I'll get a picture of that next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...