Conference in Turkey...

Teach Beyond (formerly known as Janz Team) just celebrated it's 60th anniversary! So all 380 of us gathered at the Maritim Pine Beach Resort in Antalya, Turkey to celebrate with a conference. What a beautiful location it was!! Coming from the desert, this was truly an oasis- green grass, colourful flowers and the smell of jasmine trees in bloom.
Antalya is on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It is mentioned in Acts 14:25 "And when they had spoken the word in Perga, they went down to Attalia" (modern day Antalya). I wonder if Paul walked along the beach like Rebekah and I did. The water was cold!!
The food was....divine!!! So many choices and goodies, so many leftovers that I wished we could have brought back and given to the children here in Niamey. Lots of walks are needed to work off the baklava and Turkish delight that was consumed.
It was such a great time eating, shopping and fellowshipping with folks I met last June in Chicago at our orientation.
Worshipping and hearing 380 missionaries singing "I Surrender All" was a blessing beyond words. It was truly a time of physical and spiritual refreshment.
Thanks so much for supporting my journey there and back.
Next trip....home for a visit in June, but first there is lots to do here as we finish up the school year.
More pictures from Turkey in the next blog.....stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...