Climbin' Greek Ruins

After the boat ride (see last week's blog for that story), we got to explore the ancient ruins of Side. Once upon a time Side was a famous port city. I was pleasantly surprised to see camels in Turkey too. They are a common sight in Niger.
Abby, Julie and I decided to become Greek statutes, or maybe columns...
The ruins at Side were impressive. It is so amazing that something built so long ago has stood the test of time to be enjoyed many years later.
You can see why Side was such an important harbour city in its day. We had a grand time exploring the ruins and getting an interesting history lesson from our guide along the way. Although he did say that 90% of what he said was true, however it all sounded like a great story to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...