Laundry Day in Niamey

Saturday seems to be laundry day here in Niamey. While some are fortunate enough to have a washing machine, others wash by hand. The other option is to pay for these men to wash the clothes....in the river.

 After they are washed, the clothes need a place to dry, so the guard rails on the bridge become a clothesline for most of the day on Saturday. The clothes look surprisingly clean for having been washed in a river where the water looks more brown than blue.
So very thankful for this machine, no more handwashing clothes for me! I haven't done the first load yet, I am missing a hose that will hopefully arrive on Monday. I have to say that I am rather excited to put in the first load. Who knew that laundry could be so fun?
 

You just never know what you'll see when walking across the bridge. These men are cutting the grass, probably to feed to their livestock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...