Saying Good-bye....

I hate saying good-byes and not matter how often you do it, saying good-bye just doesn't get any easier. The missionary community says good-bye often, some leaving for a home assignment and some for much longer. This time I am the one leaving...
I will miss this oasis in the desert.
I will miss the neighbour's guard saying welcome back as I arrive home.
I will sound the sounds of the birds in the morning and the beauty of the flowers that grow here. 
I will miss someone carrying my groceries to the car.
I will miss the sound of the children's laughter from the shack next door, but I will not miss the rooster crowing.
I will miss these faces and so many more who have served here with me over the past four years and become my dear friends. 

I will miss my nice corner office.
I am excited about the future and the plans that He has for me. I am looking forward to my changed role with Teach Beyond as I become a part of their mobilization team, helping teachers and administators connect with a school they feel called to serve in.
So farewell for now Niger.....you will always have a place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Kitchen...

Welcome to my home......