Down by the River....

There are a couple of things I vow to never complain about again....bumpy roads (the ones in Niamey are even worse than the ones in Jamaica) and dust. It's dry season here in Niger. The winds blow in off the Sahara and brings the dust with it. Closed windows do not stop the dust from entering the apartment and dusting one day just means you will have to dust again the next day. While the grass is withering away in most places where it's not watered, down by the river is a green oasis. Today some friends and I were on the hunt for plants...
There were plants of every colour for sale, with or without a clay pot.
I purchased a lovely plant with a pink blossom for an empty clay pot on my porch. I have no idea what it is called, but it looks pretty. Hopefully my green thumb will work over here too.
Just across the road from where you can buy plants, were rows upon rows of lettuce and other vegetables. The men fill their watering cans with water from the river to water the veggies.
"He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. " Psalm 1:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my home......

Welcome to my Kitchen...